For a church without fear
Our demands to the Roman Catholic Church :
- We want to be able to live and work openly as LGBTIQ+ persons in the church without fear.
- LGBTIQ+ persons must have access to all fields of activity and occupation in the Church without discrimination.
- The church employment rules needs to be changed. An open life according to one's sexual orientation and gender identity, even in a partnership or civil marriage, must never be considered a breach of loyalty or a reason for dismissal.
- Defamatory and outdated statements of church doctrine on sexuality and gender needs to be revised on the basis of theological and human-scientific findings. This is of utmost relevance especially in view of worldwide church responsibility for the human rights of LGBTIQ+ persons.
- The Church must not withhold the blessing of God and access to the sacraments from LGBTIQ+ persons and couples.
- A church that invokes Jesus and his message must firmly oppose all forms of discrimination and promote a culture of diversity.
- In dealing with LGBTIQ+ persons, the Church has caused much suffering throughout its history. We expect the bishops to take responsibility for this on behalf of the Church, to address the institutional history of guilt, and to advocate for the changes we call for.